Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dinner DISASTERS!

I will be the first to admit, I'm no Bobby Flay in the kitchen. I usually can cook up some tasty meals, but this week, my blonde moments have gotten in the way a little bit.

Each week I make a menu that maps out what meals I want to cook (it makes grocery shopping a little easier). For Tuesday I planned to make a chicken coconut curry. The recipe calls for coconut milk to make the curry sauce. When I got to the point of needing the coconut milk, Colin discovered that I bought coconut WATER!!! hahah. We had to use tons of cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
Not only did I screw up the sauce, I added WAY too much jalapeno to the sauce. It tasted "hotter than the fires of hell" as Colin put it. Oops!
We prayed that the food would be somewhat edible...and all I can say is that miracles do happen!



For tonight, I planned to make a beef stroganoff with egg noodles. I was really hoping to redeem myself from the night before so I was putting lots of time into making this dinner. I cooked the meat all day in a Crock Pot to make it super tender. As we sat down to dinner, Colin noticed that our beef stroganoff was made of pork!!!! 

Colin: Jess, did you know that this meat isn't beef??
Jess: Yes it is, I bought stew meat.
Colin: Um Jess, stew meats come in pork too.
Jess: Oh....DANG IT!!! NOT AGAIN!!



SO EMBARRASSING!!!! But so funny. Gotta love a girl for trying. We just sat there and laughed the whole dinner. We figure that we at least have some good stories to tell our kids, haha! Cross your fingers that tomorrow's dinner turns out better. Or maybe we should just eat out....

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jess! U gotta start somewhere. The curry sounds good.

    ReplyDelete